The Basic Worksite Traffic Management (BWTM) and Traffic Controller (TC) accreditation is a Main Roads WA mandatory requirement for those installing signs and controlling traffic on WA roads. This nationally accredited course provides the skills and knowledge required to implement traffic management plans, install and maintain traffic management signs and devices at worksites and events, and conduct traffic control using a stop-slow bat.
Civil Train Western Australia is a Main Roads WA approved training provider.
This course is 2.5 days (20 hours).
ALL LEARNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION UPON ARRIVING FOR THEIR COURSE.
Participants will need to meet the following:
• Hold the WorkSafe Construction Safety Awareness Card (White or Blue card)
• Currently hold or previously held a WA drivers’ licence (must provide evidence of this)
• Provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Entrants will need a level of language, literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to meet the requirements of the course.
• comply with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures
• communicate clearly and concisely with others to receive and clarify work instructions
• communicate clearly and concisely with others to resolve coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities
• identify and select appropriate traffic guidance scheme and implement traffic management plans
• apply legislative requirements
• describe the effects of travel speed and vehicle mass on stopping distances
This course is delivered and assessed face to face.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course.
Public courses are scheduled frequently in Perth.
Civil Train WA can come to your worksite to deliver – please contact the relevant office for a quote.
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for current fees and subsidies.
Please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy for terms and condition
A CIVIL TRAIN TEAM MEMBER WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ENQUIRY.