Each civil construction job is planned and organised from the construction plans and specifications.
There are a range of plans, drawings and specifications used in civil construction to show specific details for different applications.
Whilst you will receive your work instructions and specifications as part of a work plan or works program drawn up by your project manager or site supervisor you will still need to be able to read, interpret and check your work against drawings and specifications.
This course will take you through the types of plans and specifications, verifying amendments, converting scales and interpreting symbols and dimensions.
This course is one (1) day.
ALL LEARNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION UPON ARRIVING FOR THEIR COURSE
Entrants will need a level of language and literacy skills to enable them to meet the requirements of the course.
Language. Literacy and Numeracy skills required for this course include:
• using a range of communications techniques and equipment
• complying with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures
• carrying out basic calculations of heights, areas, volumes and grades
• interpreting features of plans and elevations including direction, scale, key, contours, symbols and abbreviations
• interpreting commonly used civil construction symbols and abbreviations
• application of scales in plan preparation and interpretation
This course is delivered and assessed face to face.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course.
Public courses are scheduled frequently in Adelaide, Perth and Alice Springs.
This course can also be delivered regionally – please contact the office for regional locations and dates.
Civil Train can come to your worksite to deliver training to a group of employees – please contact the office for a quote.
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for current fees and subsidies.
Please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy for terms and conditions.
|Date test||Time||Location||Full Fee Cost|
|23 March 2021||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||Civil Train Thebarton||$325.00|
A CIVIL TRAIN TEAM MEMBER WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ENQUIRY.