Work Zone Traffic Management (WZTM) involves the management of traffic through, around and past roadwork sites whilst balancing the safety needs of both workers and road users such as drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
The Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) issues the NT Work Zone Traffic Management ID cards on behalf of the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.
This course is two (2) days
ALL LEARNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION UPON ARRIVING FOR THEIR COURSE.
Entrants will need to provide evidence of:
• White Card
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence
• Evidence of NT residency or information relating to current NT accommodation
Entrants will need a level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, as follows: Numeracy:
• Applies basic mathematical problem solving processes, including simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division Oral communication:
• Presents information and provides assistance using industry specific vocabulary
• Uses listening and questioning to clarify and confirm understanding
• Listens to short, explicit instructions for work procedures and asks questions to clarify and confirm
• Identifies and interprets information from workplace procedures, documentation, legislation and regulations
• Identifies purposes, specific functions and key features of common digital systems and tools and operates them as required
• Produces and completes workplace reports, including risk management matrices, using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
• Produces and completes workplace reports using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
This course is delivered and assessed face to face.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course.
Public courses are scheduled frequently at Civil Train facilities in Darwin and Alice Springs.
Work Zone Traffic Management is also delivered regionally – please enquire below for regional locations and dates.
Civil Train can come to your worksite to deliver Work Zone Traffic Management training – please enquire below for a quote.
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for current fees and subsidies.
Please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy for terms and condition
A CIVIL TRAIN TEAM MEMBER WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ENQUIRY.