Work Zone Traffic Management involves the management of traffic through, around and past roadwork sites whilst balancing the safety needs of both workers and road users such as drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
In South Australia, the Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) govern the safe undertaking of Work Zone Traffic Management.
DIT require you to undertake a refresher course every three years.
At all times whilst workers are present at a worksite at least one worker must carry a current Work Zone Traffic Management accreditation card.
This course is one (1) day.
ENTRANTS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF A CURRENT DIT WZTM CARD AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION AND MUST HAVE A CURRENT DIT WZTM TICKET AT THE TIME OF UNDERTAKING THE TRAINING COURSE.
All learners will be required to provide photographic identification upon arriving for their course.
If your DIT WZTM ticket expires even the day after the scheduled training course you will be required to undertake the full 2 day WZTM training course.
Entrants will need a level of language, literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to meet the requirements of the course, as follows:
• Applies basic mathematical problem solving processes, including simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division Oral communication:
• Presents information and provides assistance using industry specific vocabulary
• Uses listening and questioning to clarify and confirm understanding
• Listens to short, explicit instructions for work procedures and asks questions to clarify and confirm
• Identifies and interprets information from workplace procedures, documentation, legislation and regulations
• Identifies purposes, specific functions and key features of common digital systems and tools and operates them as required
• Produces and completes workplace reports, including risk management matrices, using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
• Produces and completes workplace reports using appropriate vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions
This course is delivered and assessed face to face.
There are theory and practical training and assessment components to the course.
Public courses are scheduled frequently in Adelaide and regional SA.
Civil Train SA can come to your worksite to deliver – please enquire below for a quote.
Please refer to our Fees Schedule for current fees and subsidies.
Please refer to our Fees and Refunds Policy for terms and condition
|Date||Time||Location||Full Fee Cost|
|12 November 2021||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||Civil Train - Thebarton - F10||$325.00|
|14 December 2021||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||Civil Train - Thebarton - F10||$325.00|
A CIVIL TRAIN TEAM MEMBER WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ENQUIRY.